CATEGORY

Community

1 Sep · Lauren Till · No Comments

Grade-Level Reading

Check out this video from the Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and visit http://gradelevelreading.net/ to learn more.

READ MORE

16 Jul · Lauren Till · No Comments

Let’s Read, Let’s Move!

Check out this important reminder from the Corporation for National and Community Service: United We Serve: Let’s Read. Let’s Move. calls on all Americans to participate in combating summer reading loss and childhood obesity through volunteering and service this summer. Our nation’s youth need guidance to help build fit bodies and strong minds. Working together, …

READ MORE

30 Jun · Lauren Till · No Comments

HMG & Cultural Competence

Help Me Grow is a system designed to connect children and families to the services they need. These services should be appropriate to a child’s development and the family’s culture. Dr. Paul Dworkin, founder of Help Me Grow, visited Help Me Grow Minnesota and was asked, “How do we ensure that the resources offered by …

READ MORE

16 Jun · Lauren Till · No Comments

2-1-1 Strengthens Alabama’s Families and Communities

2-1-1 Connects Alabama is network of call centers whose mission is to provide easy access to health and human services available throughout Alabama. The first call center was established in Montgomery in 2002 and the network has grown to provide services to all Alabama residents. By making services easier to find, the 2-1-1 network strives …

READ MORE

26 May · Lauren Till · No Comments

Family Resource Centers Help Families Grow

The Alabama Network of Family Resource Centers (ANFRC) is a strong advocate of Help Me Grow. ANFRC is made up of member agencies serving local communities. Each center is unique and provides services geared toward specific community needs. The centers share common ground, however, in the quality of services they provide. In order to become …

READ MORE

10 Mar · Lauren Till · No Comments

10th Annual Joining Hands for Week of the Young Child – Updated

Update: The Alabama Partnership for Children (APC) is cancelling the 10th annual Joining Hands for Week of the Young Child event that was scheduled for April 9th at the State House. APC has learned that this year’s legislative session (which was on the calendar to end April 28th) is on track to end as early …

READ MORE

24 Oct · Lauren Till · No Comments

First Class Pre-K

Here at Help Me Grow, we believe high quality early childhood experiences are a key factor towards a child’s long-term success. We are glad the state is expanding its First Class Pre-K program, and there have been recent events attended by many state and local officials featuring three child development programs. A program of the …

READ MORE

24 Jun · Lauren Till · No Comments

Autism News

We’ve gathered some autism spectrum disorder news and opportunities to learn more: – This story comes from Thrive by Five in Washington: A breakthrough in autism research holds both the potential for earlier diagnosis of the disorder (a core component of Help Me Grow) and a better understanding of the important role social interactions play …

READ MORE

Help Me Grow Alabama

Help Me Grow Alabama is an affiliate of the Help Me Grow National Network and a program of the Alabama Partnership for Children.

Help Me Grow Alabama is funded by the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education through the Preschool Development Grant and the Alabama Department of Human Resources.

HelpMeGrow Partner

HelpMeGrow Partner

HelpMeGrow Partner