CATEGORY

Community

17 Jun · Lauren Till · No Comments

Pregnancy Prevention

When it comes to supporting strong families and healthy children, we care about all ages! The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch of Family Health Services is hosting their 2nd Annual Professional Development Conference on June 27-28, 2013 at the Alabama Activity Center (201 Dexter Avenue, Montgomery). Keynote speaker will be David Walsh, PhD, one of the world’s leading …

READ MORE

8 May · Lauren Till · No Comments

National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day

Thursday, May 9th is National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day The U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the nation’s leader for children’s mental health services. SAMHSA’s “Caring for Every Child’s Mental Health” public awareness effort was created in 1994 with the mission to increase awareness around children’s mental health. Every year …

READ MORE

15 Apr · Lauren Till · No Comments

Family Outreach – Books, Balls, and Blocks

Last month we featured Robin Mackey and her work with Strengthening Families. Today she shares her experiences with us in light of a recent Books, Balls, and Blocks event… As a social worker I have worked with families in a variety of settings. I have found my recent work, focused on early childhood, to be …

READ MORE

2 Jan · Lauren Till · No Comments

Strengthening Families and Help Me Grow

Strengthening Families is a national framework that is being implemented in Alabama through the Alabama Partnership for Children (APC) with support from many agencies and partners. Strengthening Families is a framework based upon five protective factors- 1. Parental Resilience: a family’s ability to bounce back from setbacks 2. Social Connections: a family’s network of resources and …

READ MORE

5 Nov · Lauren Till · No Comments

Let’s Play!

A few weeks ago, HMG staff hosted a Books, Balls, and Blocks event in Walker County. Help Me Grow: Books, Balls, and Blocks (BBB) is a free event held for children and their families. The purpose of the event is to screen children for developmental delays in the first five years of life. The event is …

READ MORE

Help Me Grow Alabama

Help Me Grow Alabama is an affiliate of the Help Me Grow National Network and a program of the Alabama Partnership for Children.

Help Me Grow Alabama is funded by the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education through the Preschool Development Grant and the Alabama Department of Human Resources.

HelpMeGrow Partner

HelpMeGrow Partner

HelpMeGrow Partner