Help Me Grow Alabama believes strongly that one of the best ways to make an impact in our community is through mentoring interns. One of Help Me Grow’s core values is Community; this is described as the belief that deliberate collaboration among community members is key to positive change. University students are part of our community and we know that if they can be exposed to the workings of a community and the role the family plays, they will be a force for good in any community they will be a part of in the future.
Internship Descriptions (may include the following):
- Working with parents and connecting families to community resources
- Researching new community resources
- Scoring and processing developmental screenings for children 0-5yrs
- Cultivating content for social media initiatives (e.g. blog, Facebook, newsletter, etc.)
- Organizing and helping at developmental screening events
- Collaborating with various community organizations
- Maintaining detailed information in our family databases
- And much, much more!
Applicants must be a bachelors or masters seeking student in a related field and have a high interest in family support and community involvement. We require a full semester commitment with a time commitment of at least 15-20 hours per week.
The application and training process is the same for students at all universities, and we typically have opportunities open statewide. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: kprince